VB26 – Average
Biscuit Bay, An Li
30 April 2011
RAW IMAGES: http://www.flickr.com/photos/vaneeesab/sets/72157626491886731/
An extension of the self?
The end of humanity?
George Lucas thinks that out there somewhere there may be inter-stellar wars over them.
A touchstone for the uniqueness, or lack thereof, of us all.
The singularity, or lack thereof, of our identity.
VB/CO has performed as clones in a number of performances:
• http://www.flickr.com/photos/vaneeesab/sets/72157623490520039/ (VB09)
• http://www.flickr.com/photos/vaneeesab/sets/72157623345340683/ (VB11)
• http://issuu.com/vaneeesa/docs/vbco-no3 (VB17)
Other performance artworks have used aspects of the clone. In VB08 & VB10 we created “Clone Twins,” where two partners each wore the shape of one with the skin of the other. And in VB15 we created a sort of clone grid of Gracie Kendal x Kris Schumacher.
• http://www.flickr.com/photos/vaneeesab/sets/72157623410005619/ (VB08)
• http://www.flickr.com/photos/vaneeesab/sets/72157623736881466/ (VB10)
• http://www.flickr.com/photos/vaneeesab/sets/72157623449644145/ (VB15)
Now in VB26 – Average we consider a new sort of hybrid Clone / Individual. Based on research by Strawberry Singh and Vaki
we obtained the “average” avatar values for 12 of the 78 female avatar axes, and 13 of the 76 male axes. Each of our cast members modified their shape to match these 12/13 values, becoming the “average height,” “average weight,” and so on… but also keeping their own parameters on the remaining 66/63 body characteristics.
The result was VB26 – Average. I created Bouguereau Birth of Venus poses for the women and Michaelangelo David poses for the men.
VB26 – Average
Marky Mark Zackerly
It’s funny, we had a lot more body hair in VB26 than we did back in VB03 or even VB14. In the photo above Jade (Jaimin Blitz) is helping me fit her “Natural Woman” pubic hair.
At the performance’s conclusion many dashed over for Trill Zapatero’s BoHo HoBo fashion show…
7 thoughts on “VB26 – Performance Document”