I only recently realised that last time I posted on iRez about Paradise Lost in Second Life was when I reported it was coming soon.
Well, iRez readers, it’s time for an update! Here is the most important news that you might have missed:
- Paradise Lost tickets are on sale now through the marketplace. The Premiere show on April 5th is sold out, but there are 11 shows scheduled through out the Spring from April through June.
- We are donating 50% of ticket sales, tips and sponsorships to the WWF Adopt-A-Gorilla Campaign, more details of which can be found here.
- We are accepting applications from bloggers who’d like to attend our Press Preview show scheduled for March 29th. If you’re interested in blogging this event, you’ll find registration details here. Preview seats are going very fast, so if you are interested in blogging this event, complete an application as soon as possible before the deadline April 14th.
- All registered bloggers are eligible to participate in the first Paradise Lost Blog Hunt – a one-week event planned between April 5 and April 12, where we will share links to registered blogs with our over 2000 list subscribers and blog followers in a quiz event, driving them to your blogs.
- There is so much more news available – much of which can be found here.
Ok, that’s as succinct as I can put it. I hope you’ll take advantage and take part in one or more of the aspects of this event. And to whet your appetites and show you what I’m so excited about, here’s our four trailers on YouTube, all wrapped up in one playlist. Enjoy!
Top 10 Facts about Paradise Lost in Second Life
is in 14 Scenes (set to the 14 movements of Mozart’s Requiem in D Minor)
features 43 Roles
is performed by 8 players
runs for 55 minutes (excluding intermissions)
donates 50% of revenue to WWF
is the 3rd production of the Basilique Performing Arts Company
took 3 months to produce
required ±1000 hours in development
has a production budget of ± a quarter of a million linden dollars
features ± 1783 independent actions, roughly 1 action every 2 seconds.
4 thoughts on “Paradise Lost in Second Life – An Update & Trailers”
Amazing Becky! What an incredible journey these productions have become for you. It’s remarkable to look at how much you’ve accomplished in the last couple of years!
Oops, see reply below 🙂
Thanks very much Vanessa. I’m certainly not solely responsible – if it wasn’t for Harvey Crabsticks, and the rest of the cast and crew, we wouldn’t be anywhere as far as we’ve come. By the way, we sent you an invite to the preview by notecard, did you receive it? I know they can get “lost in the mail” sometimes. Check you inventory 🙂
Yes Becky, I was a little imprecise in my use of the term “You”! 😀
Humpty Vanessa sat on a wall and said “When I use a word it means exactly what I mean it to mean, nothing less and nothing more.”
And in this instance I’m sure I meant for “YOU” to mean BOTH “You-All” as in Harvey and your whole incredible cast & team… and “You-Becky”. Lots of youz!
Oh… actually I somehow did miss your notecard… I’ll go check! TY!