The Alt Ball is fun because:
1. You get to dance!
2. You get to guess who’s who.
3. Secret identities are revealed!
4. You can win a date with an Oh!
5. You raise L$ so EFF can fight for our freedom online
6. Did I mention dancing avatars?
Dancing Avatars at the Alt Ball at Club Morpheus yesterday raised L$3,500 for the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) at the Alt Ball. It turns out the EFF has entry level “Silicon Level” memberships for L$6,250, so I kicked in a few more L$ and we made our donation in the form of a Silicon Membership. Maybe next year we could try to step up to a Copper Member donation, which is a mere L$16,250.
Oh so exciting! Not only were identities revealed (I’m not naming names HERE! You had to be there!) but peeps won exciting prizes – a date with an Oh! Here are our winners:
1. Blacksnake Nightfire won a date with Bryn Oh!
2. Ardyn Bizet won a date with SaveMe Oh!
3. Aero Bigboots won a date with Agnes Oh Oh!
4. Liv Nirvana won a date with Vaneeesa Oh!
Don’t panic guys, these aren’t “dates” like have dinner and make out! 😛 They’re “dates” like your Facebook “friends” are your real “friends.” They should be called “contacts” but the FB marketing department thought “friends” sounded better. Same with our “dates.” They’re really just 30-60 min meetups. But the Alt Ball Marketing Department thought “Dates” sounded better. Just find a mutually ok time and go look at some art. Or shop. Or dance. Or trade stories. Or how to do stuff. Easy. No stress. But do snap a pix or two and send them to iRez! We like to document stuff!
Our host DJ Agnes Sharple organized a super-fun event and she also played a fantastic DJ set. Thank you Agnes! See everyone next time!
L i n k y . L i n k y
click any thumbnail to enter slide show
use arrow keys to scroll forward & back!